Friday 14 November 2014

Reflective Friday - what made you smile?

So my neighbours put their Christmas tree up this week....
There was a double take, and the expected thought process: Its the middle of November, and they have put their Christmas tree up.... too early neighbours.... 
Then something weird happened.  There was a hint of Christmas feeling.
Y'know the excited, happy, festive feeling.... 
Christmas really is just around the corner! 

I love this time of year.  I actually cant wait to spend time with friends and family - creating memories, laughing & spending quality time with the people that matter the most.  Personally, I'm more of a Christmas girl than a New Year girl, but I guess they kind of go hand in hand.

After a few moments of smiling to myself while I considered what 2014's festive season might bring, my thought process naturally lead on to the new year ahead - where had 2014 gone?!!

Before I get caught up in 2014's festivities, I think its important to remember what this year has brought so far.  I have been so lucky to have shared so many beautiful memories with the amazing people that fill my life.

I want to acknowledge the little things in this post, the day to day things which make you smile.  I'm not ready to reminisce and say goodbye to this year just yet!

Three things that made me smile this week:

  • Redcups and the Starbucks man spelling my name right.
  • Having my Mum and Dad to stay.
  • The art gallery.


What made you smile this week?





1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I'm a bit of a Scrooge when it comes to Christmas as I don't believe decorations should be up until December however you're totally right. That little Christmas feeling is slowly starting to creep in and I can't help it! I have my first Christmas dinner tomorrow! Have a good week :)

    Laura | www.laurakathren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete